Super Smash Bros Domain

Welcome, to Smash Domain!

The Super Smash Bros. Domain is a community forum and site for the Nintendo series Super Smash Bros, with emphasis on Super Smash Bros for Wii-U and 3DS. Meet players and exchange Nintendo Network IDs from members ranging from beginner to pro. We have weekly hosted tournaments, member submitted videos, smash character discussions including guides and techniques. There are many features on the site including a forum shop, forum awards/achievement system, weekly podcasts, member blogs, as well as a Wii-U & 3DS browser supported chat room.

**For newly registered members with Email Confirmations not being sent. We had a bug in our system and has been fixed. If you never received your Email Confirmation, please use the "Did you miss your activation email?" option.**

Why Become a Member?
*Free to Join
*Friendly Community
*Always find a Match
*Weekly Tournaments
*Wii-U supported chat room
*And So Much More ...

Chesnaught

• $16028
  • My Brawl Match Topic
  • S.Maniac
  • Bowser_Jr

Re: SSB4 leak ?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
Kirby, Pokemon, Starfox, and SSB4?! I really hope this is all true, i cant wait to get my hands on this new console if it is.
- The new controller slightly resembles a Gamecube controller with a large LCD screen in the middle of it. The controller is light for its size and looks like a tablet with Gamecube-like prongs to the side. It has dual analogue sticks, face buttons, d-pad and shoulder buttons. No triggers were on the device.
that sounds way too gimmicky for my tastes. it also sounds very unneccesary. Also by triggers do they mean the L and R  buttons or when you push done on the analogue sticks? Im just glad that they're going back to a controller though, i didnt like the wiimotes tbh.
- Nintendo have told developers that their online system will be ‘the best online experience’ that’s available on consoles. The whole idea of the machine is to be connected to the internet 24/7. It’s being targeted as an online/social console. Friend codes are gone, but no word on whether the online service will be subscription based.
Doubtful that itll be the best but at least make it better so that wifi isnt as infuriating sometimes. Ditching the FC system is a plus but i really hope its not a subcription based system, otherwise i wont be able to play online ;(

Thanks to Claves for the sig!

[6/20/2012 11:55:09 PM] S.Maniac: I finally have more swag than Delta and Alpha combined.

My Shop Inventory

Kagato

• Game Over

• $11409
  • My Brawl Match Topic
  • Kagato
  • Bowser

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
The Wii was meant to bring in a casual crowd so that all people can get interested in playing games.

This system, code named Nintendo Cafe, can kind of be considered a "cyber cafe" when you think about it. A way to connect and play with everyone everywhere, not just in your own home. That's why they're making the online experience stronger.

Also, because of the high demand for more console games aimed at hardcore players, Nintendo wanted to be sure this syetm goes back to it's roots from the NES/SNES/64 days where it's a top system and a good 1st and 3rd party rival to the other systems. So they're trying to make this new system be stronger than either the 360 or PS3 and have some hardcore games in development and on display for the Nintendo. Seriously, look at some of the rumored line-up games. Modern Warfare 3. Smash. Resident Evil. Final Fantasy that ISN'T a crystal chronicals or Tactics.

The Wii was a smashing success, but I think the Cafe is gonna rape it 100 times over.

My Shop Inventory

PieDisliker

• Wander Wander OverOver Yonder Yonder Wander Yonder

• $1263

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 04:59:28 PM »
All of our great favourites...are just rumours right now. I'm not going to be excited until I see some proof.

This

bcb, I hope you realize how proud I am of you right now!
(21:47:46) Trela: I'm proud, my boy.
Anyways, I'm glad that my bcb's starting to do really good now on this Forum!

(23:08:21) UzimakiBarrage: Ganon dittos are 1337:9001 in Ganon's favor

LucasGrey

• $1000

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
3: Make all of the characters balanced so that way Kirby can beat Snake, Pit could be MK, etc.

If they do all of this I'd say my chances of getting it are good.
there's no chance at this already.

My Shop Inventory

Rose13

• ...Urusai Urusai Urusai!!

• $1000

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »
New console, awesome. Not gonna get excited about the games til i see some real proof but yea.... better internet is an up... but it wouldn't take much to improve the net from the wii lol...

Controller sounds... weird  :o

[Ov Let's Plays]
~|Obsidian Vector Youtube Let's Plays|~

Jedisupersonic

• Justice shall lead me to victory!.. maybe! xD

• $1000

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 12:37:28 AM »
New console, awesome. Not gonna get excited about the games til i see some real proof but yea.... better internet is an up... but it wouldn't take much to improve the net from the wii lol...

Controller sounds... weird  :o

Yeah the controller does sound weird, and the net being improved is a good thing to hear. Although i'm in the same boat as Rose here, not gonna get excited till I see proof of the games.

[Ov Let's Plays]
~|Obsidian Vector Youtube Let's Plays|~

Beanie

• FIGHTING MY WAY TO DEFEAT THE EVIL ASSASSINS

• $511
  • Villager

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »
The controller sounds innovative, yet just downright bizarre.  I'm a bit confused as to why the hell a screen would be placed on a controller.  :/

I CARE.

(16:00:14) Kagato: BD isn't the same without Kid

My Shop Inventory

Toast

• $5021

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »
The controller sounds innovative, yet just downright bizarre.  I'm a bit confused as to why the hell a screen would be placed on a controller.  :/

Just a few examples.

Imagine playing Zelda and having to open up a screen ( inventory ) every so often to swap your items around ( rang/slingshot etc )
Instead, it would be on your controller, your inventory/map/whatever else.

Now use similar concepts with OTHER games :)

Kagato

• Game Over

• $11409
  • My Brawl Match Topic
  • Kagato
  • Bowser

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 09:51:28 AM »
Why does everyone think it would be weird for a screen to be in the middle of a controller? It's been done before!

Replace the screen from being just black pixel gameboy-like graphics and make it an LCD screen.

I doubt it'll be a screen the size of an iPad. Just something large enough to show something, similar to when Four Swords Adventures or Crystal Chronicals used the GBA screens to display stats so you wouldn't have to pause or go through menus.

My Shop Inventory

ChKn

• $2278

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
I guess we won't be able to throw our controllers in frustration anymore. =(